Rosin's_Lookout_Beechmont_Queensland.jpe
Rosin's Lookout Beechmont

Springbrook Plateau, Numinbah Valley, Lamington Plateau and Mount Warning in New South Wales

Rosin's Lookout Beechmont

Springbrook Plateau, Numinbah Valley, Lamington Plateau and Mount Warning in New South Wales

killarneyglen-1500x999.jpg
Geography
History

Beechmont is positioned on a forested ridge leading from the Lamington Plateau to Tamborine Mountain. Outstanding views in nearly all directions means that on a clear day Cunninghams Gap and other Scenic Rim landforms are visible as well as Flinders PeakMoogerah Peaks and the D'Aguilar Range to the north west of Brisbane. Lower Beechmont is also on the Beechmont road, but slightly lower down the hill.

Roads in the area are narrow and windy, some are prone to rockfalls and some with very steep slopes. The road to Binna Burra Lodge and access to Lamington National Park goes through Beechmont. The § Rosins Lookout Conservation Park is a popular launch site for hangliders and paragliders.

The Beechmont district was first occupied and managed by the Yugambeh people before the arrival of European timber cutters in the 1880s. The district takes its current name from the White Beech trees in the area.

The Beechmont area was opened up for selection in 1886, however many of the early settlers left after a short stay on the mountain. By the turn of the century, only three families had established themselves in the area.

The Beechmont State School opened on 15 August 1904.

A dairying property located near Beechmont on the Nerang River was advertised to be sold by auction 23 November 1920 by Cameron Brothers auctioneers. The plan shows the land for sale, 858 acres, being subdivision 2 of portion 106, Parish of Gilston, on Beech Mountain, facing the present Binna Burra Road, within 13 miles of Nerang Township.

Fruit such as apples were grown in the 1910s in the rich Beech Mountain soils of the area, but were halted due to fruit fly infestations.

The tourism potential of Beechmont was realised in 1910 as one of the motivations to build a railway line to Canungra, which led to the Queensland Government deciding in 1911 to construct the Canungra branch line from Logan Village railway station on the South Coast railway line to Canungra.Construction began in 1913 and the line opened to Canungra railway station on 2 July 1915.

From the 1920s the area became known as a mountain tourist destination.

There are still dairy farms operational in the area, but only three remain in operation as the area is experiencing increasing levels of development. - Wikipedia

EAT

70dbdf4d807cb27afe2caceb404e014b_-queens

PLAY

スクリーンショット 2021-03-09 午後10.11.03.png

Stay

スクリーンショット 2021-03-09 午後9.40.57.png
スクリーンショット 2021-03-09 午後9.51.03.png
スクリーンショット 2021-03-09 午後9.48.03.png